This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StimulateTheSenses #CollectiveBias
This season is one of the busiest around here. First I love Fall with all my heart, but there also all the fun things to do during this season + all the preparing for the holidays + start again tackling all the goals that I set aside during Summer. So during this season I feel the need to prepare my home for all the fun and goal crushing.
There are a couple of things that I do every year to make my home ready for the season. There are five things that I do. They have become almost a ritual, and I enjoy both the process of setting everything up and how calming and relaxing the final result is.
How To Prepare Your Home for Fall
- Clean it up!: I know I know, who wants to clean the home right? But let’s be honest. During Summer the weather was so hot that the thought of cleaning the home seemed like a torture so we probably slacked there and your home is probably now full with things that you don’t love and slightly cluttered. So for me, the first step is taking your time to clean it up. It doesn’t have to be a serious deep cleaning, so just focus on decluttering, putting your fall wardrobe in place (and storing your summer clothes) and just making sure anything looks neat and organized.
- Use Essential Oils: I just recently discovered essential oils and seriously love how delicious the scent is and how they can help transform a room. It amazes me the power a good scent can have to completely change a room from active and productive (think something like orange) to cozy, warm and relaxing.My favorite is from Nature’s Truth Essential Oils in Mental Clarity. It helps the home feel ready to tackle your to-do list and at the same time cozy and warm just like the season!
- Make books easily accessible: For me, Fall = curling up on the sofa with a blanket and a good book (coffee in hand is totally optional) so I try to use books to decorate to make the reading process easier and encourage me to open them up more. Books are great decorating staples, and they look awesome on coffee tables and nightstands.
- Make sure you have plenty of blankets and throws: Fill wire baskets with them, drape them over your sofas, add a couple of them in your guest bedroom. Just like book they make great cozy decoration pieces and bring up the fall factor of your home.
- Create a cozy ritual: The truth is, there a million + 1 things you could do in your home to amp up the coziness but there’s nothing like setting up your mindset on that. So create your little fall ritual that you’ll cherish every day. For me is lighting up mental clarity in the mornings while indulging in a quick 15 minutes read and then making my to-do list for the day (with a huge pumpkin spice coffee on hand) And then in the night using this little homemade sugar scrub made with Almond Base Oil that leaves my skin super soft!
How to make a sugar scrub with Nature’s Truth Essential Oils
Just mix 2 parts sugar ith 2 parts Almond Base Oil and you are all set.
It takes around 30 seconds to whip up, and the result is luxurious!
But seriously, if you are only going to do one of these things go with the Essential Oils! I purchased the Nature’s Truth Essential Oils in the vitamin aisle of my local CVS, but you can also find them in a lot of other stores, hey even Target.com and Riteaid have them so I’m pretty sure there’s a place close to your home that carries them. Here’s a $1.00 coupon perfect for stocking up on these for Fall!